How To Fix Epson Printer Won't Print Issue?
Many Epson users are having a problem with their Epson printers. When they try to print their Epson printer won’t print. This is undoubtedly the most frustrating issue as this may stop you from working.
We are explaining some basics of how to fix the Epson printer that won’t print. Epson printing, not printing could be either a software-related issue or a hard-related issue. Software issues could be related to corrupt or outdated software and drivers.
Hardware issues could be due to paper jams or USB cable blockage. Your Epson printer won’t print even when the tiniest piece of paper is stuck inside its feeder.
So there are a few Epson printer troubleshooting steps given in this guide that will help you if your Epson printer won’t print.
Reasons Why Epson Printer Won't Print Issue Occuring
There are various factors due to which your Epson printer is unable to print. Let’s see some of the common reasons due to which Epson printer not printing.
- Improper configuration of Epson printer
- Epson printer not connected to the computer
- The printer is not selected as a ‘default’ printer
- Outdated drivers and software installed
- Improper lever position
- Virus or malware attack
- Printer is offline
- Low level of ink
- Too many printing jobs pending
- The issue with the firmware of your Epson driver
Steps To Fix Epson Printer Won’t Print Issue
If you are getting ‘Epson printer not printing’ error and not sure how to resolve it then you must go through the below-mentioned Epson printer troubleshooting steps:
Step1: Check the connection to Epson Printer
If you have used a wireless connection, check your connection with the network. Check the SSID and passkey of the wireless network.
Also, cross-check if the internet connection is working fine or not. Your computer and Epson printer should be working on the same wireless network.
In case of USB connection, check the USB cable has not defected and you have inserted it into the correct ports.
Step2: Check that the Epson printer is selected as a ‘Default’ one-
- Turn ON your connected computer and click on the ‘Start’ menu then go to the ‘Settings’ page
- You will find the ‘Device’ option; click on it to open the ‘Printers & Scanners’
- Find and click on your ‘Epson’ printer to select it.
- Click on ‘Manage’ and then ‘Set as default’
Step3: Clear all pending print commands-
- You need to go to your printer settings page by clicking on the ‘Start’ menu on your computer.
- Search printer and scanner in the search bar and you will be displayed with a list of printers.
- Select your printer and right-click on it to see what’s printing.
- You will get the list of all pending printing jobs.
- Now, you can select the pending jobs to cancel it.
Step4: Use correct Port for Epson printer-
- Open the ‘Control Panel’ on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Now, open the printer properties by going to the ‘Device & printer’ option.
- Click on the ‘port’ tab. Now, you will see the ‘add port’ option; click on it.
- From the available options, select the ‘Standard TCP/IP’ port.
- Click on the ‘add port’ and then ‘Finish’ to apply the changes.
Step5: Install the Epson printer latest drivers
- Go to the support page of the Epson printer and select the model number of your device.
- Now update the latest drivers and software for your printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts until software and drivers are installed carefully.
- Click ‘Finish’ once done.
- Now, start printing to check if the ‘Epson printer won’t print’ error is resolved or not.
Reach Our Experts To Fix Epson Printer Won't Print Issue
I hope now you are able to fix the Epson printer won’t print issue. Apart from this, there are other troubleshooting steps that one can use if still ‘Epson printer not print’.
Just reach out to our technical experts. Our in-house expert team is available 24/7 via their live chat window and a toll-free number to help Epson users.